Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Online Banking, Some Fun Things To Do With It!

I've been playing around on our credit union's online banking pages. Here are a few of the fun things I figured out how to do with our accounts and to help me save $$.


I learned I can type in the name of a store I shop, or a utility bill etc, and pull up all my transactions for the past 6 months or more. This made it really easy to see plainly where expenses are going down and where they need more attention. I can take that info and talk to Hubby and the kidlings and say Hey kiddos-- what's up with the water bill? Are we showering or do ya all think we have a sauna here? I can also say--Hey don't get gas at the corner, its cheaper 2 blocks south.


I found out that from the online banking website I can locate all the ATMS within driving distance of my home and work that have no charge transactions for my debit card. That adds up! Some of those machines charge as much as $2. per transaction.


I found out I can transfer from checking to savings for free, so I talked to Hubby and we decided I could start transferring all my coupon savings out of checking into our money market savings account where I can watch my coupon savings earn me even more$$. Once we finally buy a new home we probably won't use the money market anymore because it has a large minimum balance and we'll likely be clearing it out for that purchase, however we have a 2nd savings account that we don't use much now which I can put coupon savings into later. Cool!


If anyone knows of some other neat things you can do with your online banking-- jump right in and lets share the info! Not all accounts are equal but this technology does give us some cool tools!

4 comments:

  1. You are amazing to find all of this stuff to save money with! You really do blog all about your passion! That is so great! Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I must have several passions. ;) This blog is so hodge podge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great blog, You have though of ways to save money I would never dream of!

    Online Savings Account

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you Anonymous!
    Glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete