Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Other Good Cooking & Shopping This Week..

I've been using my old thrift store breadmaker more this week. I picked up breadmaker book at the library which has some artisan recipes. Well--you can't really do the best of artisan breads quite the same in a breadmaker--but I've now made french bread, italalian bread and ciabatta 'good enough' to eat for much less than I usually pay for the 'good stuff'.

For years I made bread using either my bosch mixer or by hand. The breadmaker is kind of a short cut-sometimes I only make the dough in it then hand form it. It works ok. I like that sometimes I don't have to do anything but turn it on. Helps out on rushed days.

This morning, while my canner was finishing up I made 3 loaves of banana bread using some overripe bananas I got at discount last week. Its in the oven and smells awfully good. :) I'm going to take a small loaf to work for a treat this evening. The rest goes to my family.

It feels good to get things done in a day.

Well looking over at my bird cage I see Sweet Pea has locked himself out. That's a new one. Bubba is inside eating and Sweet Pea is outside trying to figure out how he managed to close and lock his door. I guess I best go and let him in.

Parrots--just like little green kids.

1 comment:

  1. WOW...you are still staying busy!!!
    Now I want banana bread.

    ReplyDelete