Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Perhaps its Just not time yet?

Maybe we just don't have enough money to own a home. If we bought a less expensive one--we'd hate living in it-- if it were a bad neighborhood--or it would be too far of a drive if it were away from Charlotte--to get to work easily.

Maybe the rent is worth it for now and maybe we should look at other ways to increase our savings. What? certainly not stocks right now--that's just too risky.

All in all its perplexing, and difficult. I think when I look at the bad neighborhood places we could afford to buy as rentals--even then-- I recall how many of my old neighbors just left in the night and obviously didn't pay the rent.

Of course we do still keep on looking for that elusive dream.

Meanwhile I think I'd like to plan for my garden here next spring. Don't know.

3 comments:

  1. I was looking over your home owner posts and wanted to suggest you look into the HUD Section 8 program. You can buy one of those houses in the less desirable neighborhoods as a rental property and rent it out to someone on the section 8 program. You'll be guaranteed to get your rental payment from the HUD office for 1 year, so you don't have to worry about those "midnight movers".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Thanks for telling me about that. I never was quite sure what section 8 was. didn't know there was any guarrantee in it. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read some comments from landlords in our state--some have stopped taking section 8's because they have had tenants ruin their rentals and then cannot collect from HUD until the places are completely repaired. I guess there are risks involved--but maybe it is better than no help-- I do think you have to pass an inspection of the property before HUD will pay too--but 'if' it is a reasonable inspection that would be ok I wouldn't want to rent out a place that wasn't in good shape. In any case it is something to think about I guess.

    ReplyDelete