Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Friday, November 14, 2008

Price Book-- What Do You Do With It?

I was just thinking of this--the obvious question is--what do you do with the Price Book? In truth this whole thing is more for 'stockpiling' than for just getting a needed item or two. If I am making my grocery list for the week and see that certain things are are going to be a particular price on sale, and then figure out what the deal is when I also throw in a coupon or two or three... I can then compare that price to the price I generally pay per unit at Sams or Aldi for those items.

Sams is a warehouse grocery store and Aldi is a discount grocery. Both of them have daily prices that are usually lower than the every day prices at Harris Teeter where I prefer to shop, or even Food Lion or Walmart. When I shop according to sales and use coupons however I often get better prices at Harris Teeter than I can at Sams or Aldi--but not always. I've never seen butter as low at HT for instance as it is at Aldi this week. Its a featured item at Aldi this week--so this is a good week to stock up on it. I bought 5 pounds and 4 went directly into the freezer. Hopefully by the time that is gone there will be another good sale.

If I find that I can literally get a better deal on an item at stores like HT or FL--then I buy as many as I have coupons for, or whatever the limit is, or whatever I can fit in my freezer/pantry etc--within in my budget. This way I only stock up on things when I'm really getting a deal. Like when I got some 5# bags of flour for 50cents--you betcha I used all my coupons and filled up a bucket with that!

I'm no longer keeping a spreadsheet price book like I used to listing all stores/prices because I know that Aldi and Sams are the only ones I go to on any kind of regular basis that typically have low every day prices.

This is so much easier than it used to be!!

I can quickly update my price list now --probably once a month or even less often--when I am putting away my Aldi or Sam's Club groceries.

I can then print out the price list, fold it up and stick it in my coupon wallet. (I happen to use a Couponizer for my store shopping)

At this point I have learned couponing enough to know not only how to save money with coupons but also how to save time and effort! Cool!

I am still using Grocery Game some-- which I consider my 'coupon training wheels' but I'm only using it now for one store and I'm nearly ready to ride without the wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment