Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Saving Money by Blogging? A Great Post at the Being Frugal Blog!!

I think the Blog Your Way to $13,000 guest post at BeingFrugal.net written by Amy from My Daily Dollars, is probably one of the best posts I've read lately on the subject of blogging for bucks. She gives it a new twist--how blogging helps you SAVE money rather than how you can make money from ad revenue and such like.

I can definitely identify with the author's perspective. She relates how she is making/saving money because her blogging is forcing her to clarify her thoughts more when it comes to her spending habits.

Putting things in writing is a great way to do this--especially when you find you have a bit of an audience. All of a sudden you feel more inclined to be accountable to someone. I find when someone else is looking at what I'm saying I care more about how I say it and if it's accurate.

Loved the post! Wish I'd written it!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention! And I agree that Amy did a fantastic job with that post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I'm glad that you liked the post. You're right; felling like you're accountable makes such a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always happy to mention posts I find that are really good. Kudos to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found you from your comment on Being Frugal. I have to say I really like your blog. I'm going to have to dig back and find what got you to this point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Debtfree! I just checked out your blog too--looks pretty cool, I'm adding to my blog list "the motley crew". ;)
    The beginning of our journey--before the posts about our dream to own a home might be summed up a little bit by the post about How Joseph Lived In Egypt that I wrote once. I think its in the thread on Foreclosures--or you can search for it on the search box. Otherwise, since we moved to the Carolinas we've decided we want to stay here and the best way to do that is to own a house --that way if unemployment threatens we won't have to move away. We figure if we OWN a home outright we could make ends meet on much less than if we have to pay rent or a mortgage.

    ReplyDelete