Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Watching Sci Fi With a Techie...

Last night after we had our Homemade pizza and beer we ordered a pay per view movie-- "Iron Man". I actually thought it was kind of neat. The only thing is Hubby is a Techie guy and so are the kids--and you know they HAVE to pick apart all the cool stuff in just about every movie. Hubby just rolled his eyes several times during this one.

Sometimes my dear geeks laugh out loud. They all seem to think that any sort of Sci-Fi film is really a type of Comedy. I guess I'm just as bad though, cuz I do this when we watch Kung Fu movies.

Ah well, I remain awed and enjoy the stunts and cool stuff as a technical ignoramus.

It was a fun Friday night. Dinner and a movie and drinks ( a couple bottles of cheap beer) for Hubby and I for less than 1 theater ticket! We do this even cheaper when I bring home library movies. lately I've been looking for kung fu movies and Bogie/Bacall--we've seen them all but I still like to watch them again.

Today is a work day for me. I don't know why this is, but when I work Saturdays they STILL feel like the weekend to me. I still feel as if I'm getting a weekend. ?? Weird how that works. My co-workers think I'm nuts when I mention it. I just feel like its not a 'real work day' somehow.

Anyhow I work today, all day. Next week I'm working mucho hours to make up for my trip to Wisconsin for Thanksgiving. I like that I can do that. Its my 'perk' as a non-benefitted part time employee--at least I get a 'sort of' paid vacation because I can make up my hours.

Time to drag out some homemade soup and put together a work lunch!

2 comments:

  1. You may freeze your a-- off in Wisconsin!!! I know it will be so nice to get away for T-giving! Hope you have a blast! Will you fly or drive???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm flying. And I'm bringing my 'fargo coat' which looks sort of like a sleeping bag with a wind tunnel for a hood. LL Bean. ;) I only wore it once or twice all last winter--and frankly it was quite safely above zero here at the time. Gotta love these southern winters!

    ReplyDelete