Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Friday, November 14, 2008

Watching the Sparrows, Passing the Time

I'm watching that same little group of sparrows again, they take turns going in smaller bunches back and forth between the holly hedge and the party feeder. A dozen or so can fit on the feeder at once, so there's plenty of back and forth action going on.

I'm back to waiting again, wondering how things will go with the house we are interested in--perhaps it ends today--or perhaps we go forward. Don't know.

I can understand why the seller would want more, he's put alot of himself into the place and fallen on hard times. I know exactly what that feels like, all too well from our own experience back in Wisconsin. Its a big hard swallow. Sometimes you don't have much choice. I'm not sure he does, but maybe he he can do better.

Anyhow, its a grayish day, rainy, fall leaves on the ground and some stragglers still on trees, birds in their drab little winter coats. A good day for a bit of melancholy reflection... a good day for a nap.

I'm thinking of homemade pizza for dinner, but I'm not 100% on it. I still haven't picked up my short list from Aldi this week as my plans were interrupted so many times. I am off work today but work Saturday this week. Perhaps this would be a good rest day.

We've given until 5 pm tonite again to respond to our response to his counter offer. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment