Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Acids, Bases, Kitty Smell and Vinegar

My big task today is to de-odorize the 'cabin' (shed) at our new place. I've decided not to be deterred by little glitches--there's only so much money for our plans and I have to make do with what is existing on the property. Hubby had this notion we could just burn it down. I said--no! Good Grief-- Its usable space with electric and water and a necessary in it! We NEED it. Who knows we may end up heading back to get that camper as well--although right now I am hoping for better. It wasn't 'that bad' the part I didn't like was the floor seemed soft in places--maybe too many places--otherwise it was certainly fix-up-able. I know we could fix the floor too-but there's enough to do without that being added to the pile.

We shall see how it all goes.

I just want to be rid of the kitty purrfume before my in-laws come so we can do other things. There's plenty of projects.

All things being scientific-- urine is a base, and vinegar is an acid--so-- my approach today will involve picking up a bottle or two of cider vinegar--for that nice fresh appley smell and diluting it in different strenths with water to clean the floors and walls of our new cabin. (shed)I'm planning to take a fan along and do it over and over and over until I believe the purrfume is extinguished.

I think I will also get the oven and fridge clean possibly--requiring more vinegar I suppose and some oven cleaner.


My Trip Kit today: 2 bottles apple cider vinegar, basket full of rags, steelwool soap pads, comet, pinesol (?might use) oven cleaner, broom, dustpan, mop, bucket, trash bags. Also some steel wool or sandpaper for the outside of the fridge--which I plan to paint after I get rid of the rust. :)

Pokeberry Mary on a Mission. :)

2 comments:

  1. may the force be with you!

    When we had a fixer upper with pet smells, we eventually had to roll the subfloor with Kilz oil-based primer. It sealed all the smell in with a minimum of fuss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I'm interested in advertising on your blog http://pokeberrykitchen.blogspot.com/. At the moment, I'm looking for intext links. Do you write paid posts? How much does it cost?
    My website provides information on credit deals and ways to manage one's finances.
    Waiting for your reply.
    Please, contact me on barbara@acclaimnetwork.com

    ReplyDelete