Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Dinner's Nearly Done... Time for Lunch..

I've just put the finishing touches on dinner. I'm leaving Taco meat, a Mexican rice dish and some 'semi-homemade' salsa in the fridge. I used some storebought salsa today but added a little fresh bell pepper and tomato to it. I also used some of the salsa in my rice along with chicken stock, chopped celery, onion and bell pepper. I spiced it with a little bit of lime juice and paprika and garlic and just a touch of thyme.Hubby will come home while I'm at work and he can make shells and taco chips.

I Have time now for a nice lunch and then a little nap before I head out to our new place so I can drive my drive from there in order to get a bit of an idea what the time would be. I want to drive it in the morning once too-- if this drive isn't too bad. If this drive in the afternoon is bad--I may not bother with morning but rather just get used to the idea that I may need to quit my job when we move.

We shall see.

A 'bad'drive I think would be if the drive is too close to an hour, definitely if it is over--I suppose it is all a bit subjective--but in any case I think I will know if I want to do it.

I think now I will just make myself a few homemade tortilla chips so I can test the salsa. Maybe I'll have them for lunch with some taco meat tossed on and salsa and rice... mmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment