Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Foggy Morn in Pokeberry

Yesterday was my 50th B-day. I had a wonderful evening I talked to almost all my siblings who called and my Mom, and Mom-in-law & brother-in-law as well as all of my kids. ;) I love that you can talk to far away folks so easily via phone. :)

We grilled chicken outside! It was in the 60s! Since I was born in a blizzard, its kind of cool to celebrate my b-day someplace you can still grill outside in mid-December.

At work we had a potluck,two of us have December Birthdays, so we also had a nice german chocoloate cake. I got cards and a nice gift from some co-workers.

Hubby and I finally watched Key Largo--which for some reason we didn't get to the other night. I love that movie, I think its my favorite Bogey and Bacall. I may have to watch it again tonite though as the phone kept ringing!
I did not get a puppy--but Hubby told me he did try--he wouldn't say how/where/what--so ?? maybe Christmas?

Wonderful 50th B-day.

This morning I woke later than usual and I can see it is very foggy outside. Its 55' at only 7 am. That's a pretty good indicator of coming warm weather today.
Hubby saw a nice big camper for $1000 that is new on Craigs list and I've emailed the owner. The ones I emailed yesterday didn't respond. Hubby has vacation days left so today is his last day of work for the year. He plans to spend all the next couple weeks out at our new house working. :)

My in-laws are coming for Christmas and want to work at the house while they are here. The more the merrier.

All in all a good couple days here in Pokeberry. :)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Late Birthday Mary!!! The big 5-0, eh??? I am 2 years ahead of ya! This was a big one, and your day sounded wonderful!!!

    Glad your hubby can take rest of year off to work on house, and that your in laws will too! Fantastic!

    Have loads fo fun!!!

    ReplyDelete