Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Gas Tax for Cows?

I see that there are folks pushing to tax farmers for the 'gasses' produced by cows. I know this is an effort to press these folks to giving up raising animals for meat. If the environmentalist movement in its more extreme elements had their way --we'd all be vegetarians by force.

This is so interesting. Its actually a biblical thing too--Christians who believe New Testament prophecy can tell you that there is a prophetic warning about this very thing--forbidding to eat meat in the last days.

Aside from the religious implication though there are other elements that are interesting.

We have a strong growing movement in this country to make the US a 3rd world country. We should not have any prospering large companies--at least not that are US owned. Its ok to import goods from other countries that do not give a hang about pollution but not ok to do anything in our own country that might damage the environment. We can't drill here but its ok to buy oil drilled elsewhere with lesser standards.

Well--its only a matter of time before freedom in America is 'redefined' its in the works and has been for a long time. It will be heartbreaking to see America go, a dream that was probably the greatest ever realized in history will be sold by those who simply do not get it.

I'm all for local growers and folks who want to do things certain ways--but I draw the line at forcing others to finance the environmental religion by bankrupting themselves in the name nonsense science. This is really a form of religous tyranny not science.

*Once in a while I just happen across a news item that just bugs me and I guess I will go ahead and get this stuff off my chest. More than a few times lately I've run across this idea that if a company is big or a person has more money than others--they are fair game to steal from. I strongly disagree. I will always disagree and I will keep on speaking up when I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment