Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Monday, December 15, 2008

Grocery Game Fun this Week at Harris Teeter

I had so much fun yesterday when my coupons and VIC card savings were totalled up. My total for a heavily loaded cart full of groceries--including many staples and a great chicken deal-- ended up $92.92.

I saved $108.64 by using the VIC store card and another $41.93 for my coupons.

So I got what could have cost $242.77 for $92.92

Now many of the things I purchased might have been lower at 'lesser' stores. However--they might not have been as good of quality or as fresh, and the shopping experience would have been less pleasant. I shop at Harris Teeter because I like to shop in a clean well run store that has great service and a good variety of groceries--I also like that if you work at it a little bit you really CAN shop at a good store for less than it costs to shop at a bad one. :)

The most expensive store may be the place you save the most-- just got to play the game!

OH yes--and my freebies yesterday included: more toothpaste and another toothbrush and more hot sauce, as well as something else.. what was it?? hmmm...

2 comments:

  1. Hello Mary,
    I've been enjoying reading through your blog for some time now so I thought I would tell you about a homesteading, emergency preparedness, and survival forum that I am a member of, www.PreparedSociety.com. It has a ton of great information on simple and frugal living, green living, financial insight, gardening, livestock, food storage, natural health and medicine, and much more!

    I'm sure the members of the forum would love to hear from you! It's free and easy to sign up.

    Hope to see you there!

    Jack
    www.PreparedSociety.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have a look/see, thanks Jack-glad to have you aboard!

    ReplyDelete