Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Junior Kitty

Here comes Junior, tip-toing and looking about. He knows something is in the air. Its a little bit of chicken scrap that I pulled out of my freezer this morning and defrosted for him. I microwaved it a little so it is warm. I saw him nibbling at those weird little dog food-ish chunks in the leftover parrot food under my party feeder and my heart went out to his chilly kittyness. Ahh.. he has found his chicken. I swear he looks at me through the window with a sort of grattitude.

Now how am I going to convince Hubby that Junior should relocate with Pokeberry? Perhaps if I tell him Jr will be good for keeping (my)chickens out of the garden?

Pumpkin is out of the oven and cooling. Willow tea is brewing on the stove and I am thinking I may make some knefla soup. I got an email from someone who tried my recipe and said I was right that it is 'the ultimate comfort food'. That made me think--well its chilly and I have 2 bags of potatoes in the fridge from a recent sale--why not??

yum... knefla soup and maybe pumpkin muffins?

I'm starting to think maybe I would like to be a full time homemaker again after we move. It is almost certain I will have to quit my library job--its so far away for a part time job. What if I just concentrate on homemaking and gardening? Maybe once we are done paying for the biggest chunk of things we need for the house we won't need my income? Or maybe I can make it up other ways--farm marketing maybe??

Thoughts of the Dream.. there's much you can do when you own your own place, more than when you rent. Renting is ok though with the right landlord it can be very close to owning. I have always negotiated gardening into my lease. Still I hesitate to garden quite as much as I would in my own home, there are limits.

Well there goes Junior, finished with his nice warm meal. Time to peel some potatoes for soup!

1 comment: