Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Monday, December 15, 2008

Looking at Campers and RVs...

Hubby and I have been looking at all sorts of campers and RVs and 5th wheelers to determine what would be the best combination to work for us as temporary housing when we are ready to move to our new place.

I was very encouraged by photos of a couple of very old campers that had been fixed up by someone along the way. One was too small for us, but it was so cute I showed it to my daughter so she could see what could be done with an old ugly camper. Someone had painted the walls and cupboards with a nice white with a little turquoise trim. They had sewn new brown and white gingham curtains and a matching cover for the mattresses. It was really nice--as an extra touch a silk flower arrangement to match the decor was sitting on a little shelf.

It took me back to when Hubby and I married. We spent our first month of married life camping with a little slide in camper mounted to our pick up truck. His mom and I had sewn red gingham curtains to match our red truck. :) We took off in our truck for Oklahoma where at the time Hubby worked as a roughneck on a string of different gas rigs. Eventually we rented a singlewide trailer that I painted and spiffed until it was 'homey'. We welcomed our oldest child there, and when he was a few weeks old we left and moved back home to Wisconsin, which I'm sure our families were glad of.

It was fun to reminisce but its also kind of exciting to think about the cute ways I can fix up an older camper or two for our use. Perhaps this time my daughter will help me do the sewing on her nice machine? We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment