Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Monday, December 29, 2008

A Lovely Day to Work on My House!

As the day has progressed the sun is out shining and the sky is back to blue. I looked around and said "It's so Carolina!" and Hubby smiled in agreement. Daughter and I are heading to the store to pick up a few things and then going over the house. We will do whatever we can there and probably head home sooner than the guys. I am bringing a few plants to put in--my big gardenia shrub which I've lugged about in pots since we moved to Charlotte and my big wicker laundry basket garden of ivy vines and ferns which I plan to put out as a beginning of some erosion controll on the hillside. I also brought a pot of dead neddle vine for the same purpose. The hill has lovely evergreen trees all about it, but the dirt beneath is too bare. I'm bringing a big galvanized can full of my homemade compost to help with the effort and some hose and pitch fork and rake and brooms. We are also planning to put some paint on siding--OUTSIDE--with a mask on so hopefully I won't mind the fume--if I do I'll let Daughter finish that and do something easier.

I'm bugged as heck to be out of breath as I hustle around getting things ready to go. Hope this is very temporary!

Now I just need to find my camera!

Sunny sunny Carolina Day in the new Pokeberry Home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment