Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Monday, December 22, 2008

Ok.. That was a just a Tad Optimistic..

So yes, I do still have to do some shopping tonite after work--but THAT is it. ;)

This morning I just finished up a couple more batches of Chex Mix. I made a few last night and my nocturnal daughter made more for me as I slept. I want to give it as little holiday gifts for my co-workers. When I started to fill up the quart size ziploc bags with the pretty Christmas trees on them--I realized that I have 22 co-workers and that's alotta Chex Mix!

Anyhoo--I got my Ziplocs on sale with coupons, got 2 free boxes of the cereal I used for every one that I bought, bought my nuts at a buy one get one--with a doubled coupon as well and made my own homemade seasoning salt. I also used an instant coupon for my garlicky bagel chips. Pretzels I just went for store brands.


All in all I saved quite alot on the mix--but I still wouldn't exactly call it cheap. It is 'semi-frugal' which is the best I could do--I'm happy with it.

When you do something like this you get a picture of just how generous folks are. There are some at my workplace that bring in 'little treats' and gifts or cards quite frequently. My Chex~Mix adventure has just made me appreciate them all more than ever.


Christmas is a great time of year to think of folks and just say thank you and I wish the best for you always, you matter to me. Its worth a bit of $$ and time to do that.

I am therefore all for the 'Semi-Frugal' Christmas with the odd pricey item thrown in when just such a thing is called for. I'm not for going into hock to buy the kids gadgets. I think I'll write later about our most frugal Christmas ever--if I can find the time. It was the year of the Paper Mache gifts. I had the driest hands in town that winter. ;) Hope I find time to blog it, my guests are coming tomorrow night and I work a little today and tomorrow. So we shall see...

Oh.. notes for next time-- bake bread instead. This I am afraid was not the best idea I ever had. I'm sort of dissappointed that I could only fill the bags about 1/2 full with chex mix and I dunno... I almost am not sure it even tastes as good it ought to. :( Too late, I can't possibly improve this situation. Should have done something a week or two ago. Still its good to learn from mistakes and this is a treat in any case albeit not the greatest. Hopefully its the thought that counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment