Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Starting the New Garden

Next week I plan to go to the new place and do a little clean up on a few raised beds the seller had. He had them full of tomatoes. They are actually inside a fenced area that probably should be a chicken run as it is very near the little coop. Since I won't be getting any chickens until 'at least' the time we move.. possibly somewhat longer, I think I will go ahead and start some planting. I have some shallots and garlic I'd like to start. Its a bit late to start them--but I think they will still produce some usable food by the end of summer. I will also bring some of my herbs to the new place and go ahead and transplant them into those beds. Perhaps a new chicken run should be made anyhow--one that runs near the garden or encompasses it--that way I can let the chickens into the garden between crops to do some cultivating, fertilizing and de-bugging. Its a thought.

I am thinking it will likely not be a priority this year to make a garden area that is all 'pretty' so I think I'll start with what the seller is leaving me. I can always rearrange and change things in the years to come. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment