Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thank You for that Homedics Massage Thing!

Several years ago Hubby got me one of those Homemedics massage things you set up in a chair and it rubs your back. Its not perfect but by gosh it does take a dent out of the stiffness. I always thought it was one of the most thoughtful things he ever gave me and whenever I break it out I think of his kind concern for me. I've just spent about 30 minutes getting a little rub down and maybe I'll use it again later before work. What a great help! Meanwhile I'm also thinking of making a tincture from some of my willow bark to kick the strentgh up a notch. I think we have a partial bottle of rum, that ought to work. What you need is 100 proof alcohol in a 50/50 mix with water and then you use it to soak herbs in. Later-- several days later--you strain the herbs out and put the liquid in a dark bottle. I have several small brown 'medicinal bottles' with rubber stoppers for this purpose that I haven't used in years. You then use an eye dropper to take a few drops of this tincture at a time for whatever medicinal use you plan to use the herb for. Another possibility is to make a wine aperetif. You macerate some herbs in little wine and leave it for about a month--in the fridge I think-- and then strain it and take it in tablespoons--about 2 per dose.

I've only been using the willow as a tea--it is weak this way. I'm not sure I want to strenthen it but if my back continues to be stiff I may do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment