Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Library is Closed! Yeah!!

I love my job, but I am so relieved I can stay home today. I was thinking it would be really hard to get book drops and shelf with my 'little problem'. This gives me a couple more days to recuperate and cook. ;)

I was looking at the snow and thought--this isn't alot of snow--BUT--this is Charlotte afterall. I decided to call the inclement weather phone number for the library and sure nuf-- an inch or two is plenty to shut down Charlotte.

I know folks up in Fargo would have to look at this with eyebrows askew.. but you have never seen the way folks down here in Nascar country drive in icy conditions--almost makes the Norwegians up in the Dakotas look like good drivers. ;) Just picture Bambi taking his first steps--then imagine he was a car.

Oh happy happy! I can just take my sweet little time chopping and cooking, and put on some more comfy clothes too. ;)

2 comments:

  1. We're all closed down here too. I love snow days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids sure like it. I was outside a while ago taking the trash out and I could hear the excited voices of kids playing in snow all over the neighborood. :) Made me think of the days when my kids were young. How nice for them!

    ReplyDelete