Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Pear Budget Online Budget Program-- These are Good Folks!

Awhile back I found out about Pear Budget from another blogger. It is a simple online tool to track and organize your budget. I did the free trial and signed up for the service at the quite reasonable price of $3 per month.

At first this worked real well for me, but as I learned more about our online checking account and the services offered me there for free I realized that I personally didn't need to use Pear. Nothing wrong with Pear Budget it works fine and is easy to figure out. I liked it. I just don't use it much.

I decided I needed to just use the services provided by our credit union and cancel my subscription to Pear Budget. I didn't see anything on the website that directed me on how to do that so I just emailed the folks and about a day later I got an email telling me to do nothing that they had already deleted my billing info and I'm good to go.

The email didn't come 'instantly' because this isn't a big online company but just a mom & pop internet business and gosh--sometimes they probably aren't sitting next to the pc to get the emails. ;) It did come in a reasonably timely fashion and it was a REAL PERSON replying to me and he had already taken care of me. LOVE IT!! REAL People--imagine that.

Anyhow if you are looking for a good tool to help you figure out where your $$$ is going and get a better handle on it. I do reccommend Pear Budget and I have enough experience with them now to also say these are good folks and I think you can trust them with your $3 per month.

2 comments:

  1. Mary -

    We loved having you with us! I'm just sorry it took me that long to get back to you! We usually try to respond to e-mails within an hour or two ... but, as you noted, sometimes it takes us a little bit longer.

    Anyway, thanks so much for your kind words! And best of luck with everything!

    Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Charlie, not a problem. I used to sell on ebay and I know well that 'real folks' don't generally sit at the pc 24/7--however they do usually care more about their customers than the average business. I can wait a little bit for genuine personal service.

    ReplyDelete