Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Monday, January 5, 2009

Seed Catalogs...

I am just in love with seed catalogs. So far this winter I got a copy of Nichols Garden Catalog--which has a great variety --especially of herbs and some unique things like hops vine. Not much for pictures though--which probably keeps the price down. Today I got The Cook's Garden Catalog and it is GORGEOUS!!

I've also been looking at more and more online seed catalogs.

I've been trying to add to my collection of Heirloom seeds so that in the future I will be able to save my own of many things.

I'm also trying to start new veggies and fruits. With Hubby's promise to help me deal with the bounty of our garden I am planning a bigger garden, plus-- we are moving to our new place so I won't be a renting gardener anymore--I can plant anything I want!!

The weather is kind of dreary today but its a perfect day to ogle veggie photos--between ogling baby pix of course. :)

4 comments:

  1. Woohoo!
    I'm so happy for you guys and I'm glad things are coming along.

    I know how thankful you must be to a husband that will fix things when he sees them instead of covering over things with an "I'll do it later" mentality. That sure is a blessing! It's so much easier to do it right the first time.

    How I wish I had some land again, or at least lived where I was allowed more than the 3 3'x3' squares that I am allowed. Sad thing is, I have a very large backyard, but HUD rules state that we can't dig it up or even do containers. My poor 3 squares don't get the sun they need, but if I wanted them, I had to have them up close to the house.

    I am so going to start looking for land again. Youngest child still living with me is almost 17. In another year, I can move us onto some land without having to worry about DFCS being called because of "primitive conditions". So if we "campout" on OUR land, no problems.

    Glad the baby and her momma are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just hate housing rules that are written by non-gardeners! So dumb. Gardens when kept nicely are certainly not eyesores. Tsk tsk tsk..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I found you by looking for coupon organizers. I have a blog about our 'up north' place called Vintage Log Cabin. Stop on by! I recently made a post about Painless Frugal ideas. http://vintagelogcabin.blogspot.com/2008/12/painless-frugal-ideas.html

    Do you start your plants by seed? I have a 'frugal' light setup that I'd be happy to share with you. I currently only grow Heirloom Tom's by seed, but I may expand that this year.

    So glad I found your website! I'll be back later to poke around some more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Denise. I do start quite alot by seed usually. I like to start them outside in containers. Here's a good place to find out how:
    http://www.wintersown.org/wseo1/index.html
    This works really well and is almost no work after you get your recycled containers planted.
    I'll check out your blog real soon!

    ReplyDelete