Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Spending Our Way Out of Hard Times?

I'm amazed at how economics supposedly works nowadays. It doesn't make a lick of sense to me--or most folks I guess. We are in debt up to our eyeballs with nothing to back up our debt except paper I guess--and even that-- they aren't exactly sure who has all the paper or what it means--at least that's how it sounds. So what do we do??
We borrow more paper and use it to give to anybody who can make a case for a government freebie.

This morning I read about a tiny town that has asked for a really big chunk of stimulus money to spend on 'Green Energy Projects'.
375 million bucks to make a town of 194 people 'green'. That's why we hire politicians I figure, they must be the only folks in the world who are smart enough to explain why this sort of thing is a good idea. ;) The rest of us-- just too dumb--we still have this old fashion notion that if you want to be in good shape financially you should spend less $$ and save some for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment