Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Unexpected New Sidetrack in Pokeberry!

Uff Da! (norwegian--for @*%#&!)

Well, last night I did a really dumb thing. Hubby was repairing his cheapo tennis shoes. He had clamps, glue and masking tape all set up on the table and was literally gluing these things together. He hates to buy new shoes--this has been an ongoing thing for years. When he tosses a shoe its 'done'. ;) Anyhow I thought I'd show off my little 'darning job' on my favorite socks--which I happened to be wearing. Well, I put my leg up on a chair back so he could see the stitching and then, lost my balance and couldn't get my leg down fast enough.

End result--I hit the floor hard where the sun doesn't shine and twisted a knee in the process.

So-- well, I can kind of shuffle about, and I'm ok sitting in Hubby's office chair--which has wheels! Getting up and down, bending, and 'normal' walking are a bit painful. I also found out that the 'coughing-bone' is somehow 'connected to the tailbone.'

Well anyhoo... I am going to go ahead and sit here and cut out my coupons and make my grocery list for Harris Teeter, but am I really going to shop--??? dunno. We shall see. I may have to as I think Hubby and Son need to go work on the house and nobody else is here but little ole me. ;)

I'm also wondering if I can manage to make sausage out of the chicken tenders I got at Sam's yesterday from Hubby's chair--not to mention divide, vacuum pack and freeze my big blocks of cheese. Well this promises to be a challenging day here in Pokeberry--maybe several days..

Ya gotta have a sense of humor I guess, and thank God for Aldi's cheapo ibuprofen too. ;)

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like something I would do! Be careful and have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Mary! I can't believe your bad fortune with this happening! I am growing fond of the Ibuprofen myself! It sure works wonders when it is needed! Hope your knee feels better soon, so maybe you can at least walk a little better! I loved your "coughing bone" story! LOLOL!

    ReplyDelete