Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Update on Baby, etc

I talked to my daughter-in-love this afternoon, Little Ruby is doing better. They still haven't got her test results-that will not happen until Saturday. Meanwhile though she hasn't developed any symptoms of illness and her liver enzymes are back in the normal range. They have started treatment for a possible viral infection because it takes so long to be sure she needed to start treatment now as after her tests it could be too late to prevent damage. The infection--if she has it--is serious and could be quite dangerous so they can't risk waiting. Anyhow she is looking as lovely and healthy as ever. She is not staying in the room with Mommy anymore but has been moved to nursery where she is in a warm incubator with all manner of monitors. I guess I won't complain about Modern Medicine-- if perchance she does have the infection they are concerned about -- Modern Medicine is what will save her. Babies used to very commonly die from it.

As for me, I saw a doctor today and it seems they believe my allergies are the culprit that is causing my airway problems. So I am getting a 2nd allergy med and after about 2 weeks will drop my original RX and add in possibly advair or a nasal steroid.

I also found out that I take my allergy med at the wrong time of day. I guess I should be taking it at night. I also found out that my hearing may improve on the new drug as there seems to be fluid build in my ears--on the right in particular. Which explains alot. I've been struggling alot to understand conversation at work.

Well its been a busy day. Medical concerns all over the place--other extended family members have some new problems that we are watching and waiting to see about.

The things of life.

2 comments:

  1. Good news about getting your new allergy meds! Good luck!

    Glad baby Ruby is OK and being watched closely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie. Ruby isn't cleared yet. I will be relieved Saturday--God willing. if she does have this virus very bad things can happen quite quickly. more than I want to think about.

    ReplyDelete