Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Monday, January 12, 2009

Wow...Craigslist Vs. HGTV Pt. 2..

Well I've done a bit of searching over at Craigslist and have found that there are some very nice appliances and quite a few new in the box kitchen and bathroom cabinets--you could almost pick the finish.

Also--yes there are plenty of folks selling granite--mainly they are in the business, but there is a guy who is trying to sell his 'slightly used granite countertops' Apparently he has upgraded.

I found a very nice white side by side fridge with the door storage deep enough to hold a gallon of milk--are going for about $100. Why? Well they've just upgraded to stainless. Duh.

Its all interesting. I forwarded some of the cabinets to Hubby at work--it may be we could simply purchase brand new cabinets for less than it will cost us to make them--or at least fairly close to the price.

Maybe we we get all that nifty stuff folks have replaced in order to go 'granite/stainless/neutral~ala~HGTV'.


I also called the guy with the jacuzzi and it is still available--but requires a pick up truck--that is one thing I do wish we had. Our jeep is just not big enough for so many purposes. Its been on my 'wish list' for a while and we've discussed it several times. I don't see it in the budget now though.

Still we can borrow or rent a pick up and come out ahead on that tub I think. Fascinating.

2 comments:

  1. Not having a truck is difficult, but since you have your jeep, why not get a utility trailer? It would come in very handy for you in the next few years as you build your dream. Ours was made by a friend from a long bed Toyota truck. We can take it anywhere and use it for anything. We even picked up a use canopy to put on it for just $25.00. You might find a utility trailer on Craigslist, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually we have thought of that. But funny... today, not long after I was thinking for the umpteenth time that we sure could use a pick up--Hubby called to tell me he thinks we need a pick up. Anyhow he has found one for $1600 on Craigslist--so he's going to take a look. I know he can keep a thing going mechanically--and I suppose the jeep could be used by the kids--I doubt we'd be able to sell it for much. I did suggest we might think about selling the camarro--no response yet on that idea. I guess we have both agreed a pick up is the thing we need. We don't think the jeep has the oomph anymore to do much hauling.

    ReplyDelete