Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Saturday, February 28, 2009

3 Day Weekend of Rain and Snow?? Snow??

Well I had my little heart set on gardening this weekend. The rain began yesterday and has only picked up here. Right now it is a good steady soaking. Tomorrow night we are told to expect snow!.

I guess I have other things to do. I'm going to work on my pantry--getting some items stocked back up again in there and in my freezer, use my Sam's membership before it expires, see how well I can do planning a coupon shopping trip without using my grocery game-- as I am thinking of letting that membership go soon. I'm not sure about it, but the new house really the only store I want to shop at much in that area is Food Lion--which doesn't double coupons. I think maybe my GG days are nearly over. :( It will still be some months, but since I am having a hard time doing my shopping on the correct days for GG anyhow--I may not re-up that membership.

I'm always looking at what we are doing with money--in particular our spending. I'd like to say I could bring in more money--but right now looks like that's not likely. The job market is awful around here, even worse where we are moving. My job, which I used to hope was going to lead me to a full time position is on the chopping block--and although there is a slight chance I may still have it in July--its a very slight chance. We will be almost certainly taking a hit there. My income was enough to pay for all our groceries. I need to figure out if there are more ways I can stretch our income, and any ways I can add to it.

Same boat as most folks, but maybe with a head start on some.

This is all on my mind as I am also thinking about what can I do to help some family members--if anything, and what should I do--if anything? Really hard choices to be made and somewhat stressful too.


I've got some library books on various topics and I'm 'brewing ideas' all the time.

Well, since I can't be outside gardening this weekend, I can do more wintersowing--so that's good. I can also get my errands done and my laundry and tidy the house more.

There's always something to do in Pokeberry.

2 comments:

  1. Right now we are all rain. Expecting snow tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm watching the temp, so far we're about 3 degrees too warm for a blizzard--if it goes down--this is a heckuva lot of rain to convert to snow. This could be quite a lot of snow for here.

    Glad I got my milk. ;)

    ReplyDelete