Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Couple of Areas I'm More Inclined to Agree Somewhat With Liberal Thought..

I was thinking about this just a little..

I would like to see healthcare made available to more people in a way they could afford it. Young folks in particular who aren't working in full time jobs with benefits or who aren't in college full time--they need to be able to see a doctor sometimes. I also am sad when I hear someone has gone deep into debt because of medical bills. I know my own prescriptions, when I haven't used up my deductible for the year can cost about half what I earn in a month. If it weren't for my husband's income that would simply be impossible for me. I think if we are able to spend hundreds of billions on stimulus packages we shoud certainly be able to help people get the medical care they need. I do wonder however why the government even HAS hundreds of billions to spend. Maybe if we all had it we could get our own meds?

I think hard working people from countries like Mexico should get a fair shake here. I am not for rounding them all up and shipping them back. However--I do think something should be done to secure our borders before we end up with more illegal immigrants than we can handle. I also think we should maintain our own national identity and language. I think immigrants should learn the language of the land and pay taxes and work toward full citizenship as was expected of them back in the days when my own ancestors came here from Poland and Ireland. You don't hear many phone messages that say 'Press 3 for Galic'. Successful immigrants adopt the ways of the place they choose to make home.

I am for 'moderate' laws and rules over food, drugs, safety, the environment, etc.. I think these things should all be overseen by government. The problem is that its hard to keep those things moderate and I think there needs to be a stronger voice on the right in those areas.

Well that's something anyhow.

No comments:

Post a Comment