Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Friday, February 6, 2009

Mockingbird Enjoying a Sun Bath..

Up at the top of the holly tree in our backyard a lone mockingbird is sunning himself. If he intends to be the eater of all holly berries on that tree--well--he'll have enough to last an awfully long time, it is brimming full of red berries!

Yesterday I was at the new house with my son and daughter. I cut about a dozen rolls of insulation and they hung them. Today I am staying home to do house related things-dejunking, cooking, getting things sorted out to prepare for moving when the time comes, cutting my coupons and planning my triple coupon shopping trip. I will do my shopping when the kids come home later on today.

Currently it is 25' here in Pokeberry. I can see a cardinal and a blue jay here from my window. The blue jay I believe is complaining about the mockingbird's claim on the holly tree. There is some noise about that going on and the mockingbird has given him chase. The cardinal is now in the tree.

I guess the holly berries must be edible now? Ah yes--there is now a scuffle going on in the holly tree, chasing and fluttering abound. I do not think friend mocker is going to be able to hold sway over all those berries.

Things are changing here. I have decided to dedicate my blog and whatever I can find to do to the Pro-life effort. I want to lend my support as much as possible to young people struggling to make ends meet, people like my own son and his wife with their little one Ruby. In honor of my Ruby I am taking up a cause--whole heartedly. No more sitting on my hands or writing and deleting posts out of fear I've been offensive. I believe in God, I believe babies were created in His image--as he said they were.

"Then God said, 'Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth.' So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them...the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and while he slept took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh; and the rib which the LORD God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man. Then the man said, 'this at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.'" (Gen. 1:26,27; 2:22-25)


I love nature, I have a special affection for birds. But Jesus said--we are worth more than many sparrows. I get that. My little Ruby who came about through really odd circumstances bringing a gal who is a Jehovah's witness together with a Libertarian Christian Musician.. this little Ruby, product of a very difficult pregnancy and a somewhat dangerous child birth.. and still not all out of the woods when it comes to possible damages caused by that birth.. no way to know yet...

This ruby is the apple of my eye.

In her honor, and in the honor of the poor little baby girl so callously discarded when she dared to breath air--the one I read about this morning.. In their honor I am stepping up to the plate without anymore misgivings.

I feel so good about this decision right now. Watching the birds fussing over those berries I know in my heart--life is about this struggle. We are meant to take it on in all of its difficulty with faith. We are not meant to look for an easy out. The easy road is wide as Jesus said, but the road that leads to life--that is a narrow and difficult path.

I discovered yesterday when working at my new house that I am not the best one to be doing that sort of physical labor. I could not keep going like my kids could. I have other duties though that I am more suited to and I know I will still be quite useful to our project. I am glad my 3rd son has opted to come home at this time--he will be a wonderful help in all this work.

Me--with no regrets or feelings of being limited as a woman--I will shop, cook, clean, organize, and love my family. I will start a new garden, I will find out where everything is in our new community and I will find ways to connect so that I can serve others as I should, in a time when that is sorely needed. I am happy about this. We are going to a state with huge unemployment and many poor folks. I realize now that God has a purpose for this.

I am so glad to finally have grasped it.

Well now there is that mockingbird up at the top again--he must have managed to roust the theives for a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment