Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Mockingbird Vs Blue Jay

A persistant jay is continuing to attmept to gain access to the holly tree which a mockingbird has laid claim to. I've seen the mockingbirds do this before--they seem to stake out their berry bush or tree and guard it non-stop from any and all comers. I would have thought a jay could hold its own against a mockingbird, but apparently the mocker has the upper hand here, athough he does have to remail always alert.

Blue jays flying against the backdrop of the evergreen holly with its bright red berries are a beautiful sight to see, certainly eye-catching. Currently I see the mockingbird triumphant again, with his chest thrust out toward the sun, perched atop the holly tree, having yet again rousted his enemy.

It is a sunny day already here, cold--its currently 36. I am told it will be in the upper 60s sometime today, and that we are in for some warmer weather in the next days. I am working all day, so I will miss the nicer weather. I stepped out to get my paper and heard birds singing all about the neighborhood--I wish I were taking a long walk. I have missed that lately since it got cold and I began to cough. My doctor says my airways are just sensitive to cold and nothing I can do really will change that. My skin also--I have tended to get hives on my face for many years if I am out in the cold much.

Hubby and kids are going to the house to work. The upstairs walls are all insulated now except for some small pieces that need to be measured and cut. The ceiling is left up there and then the lower floor needs to be done. Perhaps the insulating will be done by next weekend when #3 son comes home. If so, next week we will need another inspection--unless we have to install our ductwork first--I dont' recall now. Ductwork I think, then furnace, then inspection, then dry wall.. that seems to be it.

Well I need to get running now. Time to make the commute. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment