Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Friday, February 6, 2009

Zygotes? A Case in Point--- Now I am a baby , Now I am Not..

This morning I read a disturbing account of a botched abortion. The 23 week 'fetus' was born alive after the mother was given drugs to induce. The baby managed to be born and breathe air before the attendant cut its cord and tossed it into a plastic bag to be then put out in the trash.

This case is likely to be tried as murder since an autopsy has shown the infant had air in its lungs--it had breathed.

Of course had the doctor managed to reach up into the womb and deliver a fatal blow of some sort moments before it was able to breath air--then it would be perfectly legal--a non person.

Is this a baby only after it is born then? Is this when we decide that a child is a child--when air has entered the lungs?

Now I'm a baby, no...ooops, I guess I wasn't.

1 comment:

  1. Actually--I forgot, Mr Obama sees no need to protect those infants that have drawn breath either.

    ReplyDelete