Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Ruby Gets Her Mommy Back..


Well my dear Daughter in law went back to her job Monday after her time off to recuperate from little Ruby's birth. After just a couple hours the babysitter had to call her. Ruby had made herself ill, crying and fussing until she was vomitting. I guess she didn't understand the whole concept of Mommy not being there for her.

#1 Son and his wife decided that the job wasn't as important as the baby, so she has given it up. They had planned for her to work until about August to help catch up bills. They are also selling their condo and moving in with her dad so they can get debt free and she can be a stay at home Mommy- which she thought would be in August--but turns out will be now.

I'm glad. I stayed home with my kids and always felt that if there is any way to do it--it is the best thing for babies. Some folks have circumstances that make it impossible--I know that and God Bless them, but when Mommy can be with baby--that truly is the best thing.

Sure we were broke, I can recall the things that I did to make pennies stretch--and I do mean pennies. Still I have no regrets and look back at that time in our life, as difficult as it was, with nothing but joy that I have such fond memories.

They will be fine.

I recall that as I stayed home and ran the house and got better and better at my job, Hubby got better and better at his too, and eventually his wages increased so that my income was not even missed. Our family is close and happy together and the kids know they are loved.

What more could I want as a Mom, or as a Gramma?

Good for you little Ruby, you got your mommy back, all is right in your little world. :)

2 comments: