Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Monday, March 30, 2009

Triple Coupons At Harris Teeter Today. Still Pondering the Fate of My GG Membership..

I am still thinking that I may be done doing Grocery Game after we move--but-- Harris Teeter has 3x coupons today--AND a pretty good sales flyer too.. so well hey.

Shopping will be different in the new place. I'll have to drive further. Gardening will be different too-I'll have a bigger garden. Hubby really would prefer I concentrate my gardening on Tomatoes, Peppers and Sweet Onions and Cukes and Fruits.. but it seems his list gets longer the more he thinks about it. ;)

I am also propagating plants for the land--shrubs & perenials so I need garden space to line out babies for growing up so they can then be moved to areas of the land where they are needed. Yesterday I lined out some rooted shrub cuttings and divided up more succulents and planted them. Eventually I would like to garden the entire hillside and my back yard. The outer edges of the property will be left as natural but 'more managed' woods.

With all our running between two houses lately I haven't done as much Grocery Game style shopping--but I checked my list this week and found another 3x coupon deal going at Harris Teeter and decided that today I will go get some deals. ;) Besides that the weekly flyer there has some good stuff in it. :)

I guess there will never come a time when grocery shopping is just that easy chore --'go to one store nearest your house and get what you want' HA! I can't do it!! I've tried--but then I end up finding myself paying some ridiculous price for hamburger or 3 times what I normally do for an onion or something--and I just can't do it!

I have to shop around, I have to find the better prices for the week.

Perhaps since that is who I am--I should just stick with my good tools--my Bare Bones Price Book for Sams and Aldi and my Grocery Game Membership and all the other cool tools I use, like Coupon Mom and My Couponizer.

Drop GG for good?
Aint gonna happen.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you could grow some big ol prickly pears out there, and eat the fruits and the pads! Get the spineless variety and it would be easy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best way to support your tomato plants is with The Tomato Stake.

    Easier to use than metal tomato cages, stronger than bamboo, and won't rot or splinter like wood stakes.

    ReplyDelete