Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Monday, May 4, 2009

Cabinets and Appliances on Craigslist

We purchased our furnace last week. Its a large heat pump unit. We got one big enough for a large house, its brand new with warrantee and we got a great deal-- $1100 delivered!

Today we are looking at a full set of used kitchen cabinets for $700 or best offer and a set of 5 appliances-- all white-- stove, fridge, dishwasher, washer and dryer--for only $400 delivered to our present location. This way we could park them here, rent a truck to get the cabinets and take the appliances in the same load.

All these things are used and imperfect--but they are way under budget and that's a good thing.

We want to push hard to get done soon, this has been going on now for about 6 months with 2 illness breaks. I figure we really worked more like 4 months.

Things are happening a bit faster now finally.

I'm praying we save enough on some of these things to either afford some flooring or have someone else finish and paint the dry wall--probably not--but a gal can dream.

I know Craigslist has been in the news lately for some bad things that bad people did--I have to say--on behalf of it though--it has been a great blessing to us!

We found our house and our current rented house on Craigslist, my inlaws sold their RV on craigslist, we have purchased and sold all sorts of things and never have met anyone that wasn't decent--well at least not anyone scarey.

Internet is internet. You always need to be careful when you go meet someone you don't know. I always use my initials when I respond to ads on Craigslist--so nobody knows I'm a woman. I also always take either a son or Hubby with me when I go meet someone from Craigslist. From what I've seen there's safety in numbers--in any situation--especially for women.

There's nothing wrong with Craigslist, its evil people that are wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment