Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

At Pokeberry Hill This Morning








I went out to my new garden for just a couple hours this morning to do a little watering, weeding and transplanting. I found a ripe blackberry beside the road and I also dug up a wild Passion flower vine and planted it next to the guest cottage. (former shed)

I potted up a tiny baby bay tree and a few small holly baby shrubs. I also transplanted wild morning glory vines and possibly-- a moon flower vine that had volunteered themselves this spring near the carport~patio. Mojo inspected a variety of sites, the tomato garden- which has some nice green tomatoes! He also had a bit to drink from the little babbling brook--as my Mom in law calls it (aka 'drainage easement') I did all my watering and my transplating--several other things besides those mentioned and I did a sort of mental inventory of what is in the coldframe so I could remember to bring some of my babies home Friday and give them to my co-worker to share with her neighbor--I have more babies than I can use this year. ;)

The bird seed garden is growing huge! With wild flowers, grasses, sunflowers (not blooming yet) and a large Poke Salet plant of course. (The Lord knew I was coming, so He planted some Pokeberry!)

After all was done I sat down in my little shadey garden where Hubby and I generally enjoy resting a bit whenever we are at the house. Usually we hear birds singing and watch the hummingbirds feed.

I got quite a few photos while I was there and picked out some favorites to post here. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary! Nice to be back home and visiting blogs again! What a lovely space there...nice gardening areas! Can't wait to see more! Will go back a ways through your blog to see what else I'ved missed the past 2 weeks!
    See ya///

    ReplyDelete