Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Monday, August 24, 2009

Pokeberry Hill View




I wish I could post some better photos--but here are two of the poke weed growing on our hill. It is much prettier than it appears here. It is as big as a spreading tree--about 9 or 10 feet tall and just as wide. The berry and flowerclusters are just lovely up close--I think I didn't have a very good light for these pix--but here it is. I think I need to put this plant in an embroidery piece! What if I made something really special for the house with it? Hmmm..

4 comments:

  1. OMG! I never imagined that Poke Salat looked like this...I thought it was a small little plant. WOW!!! This would be lovely as an embroidery peice!!! I sure would love to see it if you ever have time to give it a go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The younger plants are small.Pokeweed dies back late in fall here and reappears in spring. It took a few months for this one to get so tall again. I have smaller ones on the same hill here just a few feet tall. This one is gorgeous! It was like a little gift to me to say, "this is your house Mary!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe...yes, I believe it is a gift from God!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its funny, but every house we've bought had some little thing that was just right. The last 3 all had some kind of rootcellar or pantry--which well ya know.. a cooking gardener's dream. ;)

    ReplyDelete