Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Aha! So That's Where the Leach Field Is!

Well, I've located the original official sewage map. Our leach field is of course at the top part of the sunny slope upon which I began my garden. Sigh.. yup--its all got to move--including that big pokeberry tree--which will have to as they are notoriously deep rooted. I will not be able to allow poke to grow there.

Meanwhile I can still garden up above all this, and that will be fine. I can also garden in the front of the house--but not this year--maybe in the future.

The garden for now will remain on the smaller side. It will be fine.

Only trouble now is I have been excited about the cooler weather--as I planned to do some work in the garden and not be so hot.. well of course something would act up and its my knee. Cooler weather means joint pain. :( That is a bit irritating.

I think in the long run the garden will look prettier all atop the hill with the hillside itself mowed close and maybe some short rooted ground covers spilling over the top edges. I'm not bothered by it at all, just wish I'd known before I got going on this venture. Problem is we have more than one map of the property and one put the leach field in the wrong spot--I'm certain now of that. It will be OK. Perhaps in time, Hubby can cut down a tree or two and I can expand in the sunlight a bit more.

I do feel bad about the big pokeberry though.

No matter.

Now I shall venture out and put in a few plants I think. Mojo the garden puppy--I think will stay inside for a nap as he's just demolished an amaryllis bulb and I think that will be enough adventure for him this morning.

Such fun such fun, says Mojo-NO.

3 comments:

  1. I had visions of leeches!!! Then my husband explained that you are talking about an area where water leaches through the ground??? This is interesting...have not really ever had to realize about something like this before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup.. I keep all my leaches in a field. Easier to herd them that way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, check the date on the maps. When I had a septic tank put in for my trailer, the original paperwork that was submitted to the County had the drain field in one place. When the contractor came, he put it in another! It's close to where the original was supposed to be, but not where it was approved to be.

    So the later version of the map is probably the correct one. Ask around to see how to actually FIND the leach field - there is a way to find it. Then you will know for sure.
    HTH

    ReplyDelete