Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Baby Birds In Pokeberry Today..

I was wondering why so many finches today--well now I see the tell tale signs of a fledgling gold finch at the feeder. A couple little ones have yet to 'get' the feeder thing. They are perched on the pink feeder frantically flapping with open beaks toward the older finches who are eating and pretty much ignoring them. Earlier today I saw what I thought might be baby cardinals. They are older--self feeding--but have that dumb dopey I'm a baby way about them. You see them and you just 'know' if you've been watching birds over the year that what you see is fat happy babe in the pokeberry.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your baby in the sidebar!!! Ruby, cutie pie!!!!! That is a darling picture, Mary! I know you can't wait to see her at Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I can't wait. I'm sure you are glad yours are all nearby now. I'd love to have them come stay here --but I think at some point--somebody around here ought to move OUT rather than in. LOL.

    ReplyDelete