Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Bluebirds and a Hawk!

Yesterday a hawk came through pokeberry, I think he may have gotten a dove, there was a 'herd' of doves grazing about under the pink feeder at the time. They scattered off to the woods in different directions. I think most likely the hawk did catch one of them but I couldn't see for the trees. I think it was likely a Cooper's Hawk.

This morning I was treated to a view of the first bluebirds in Pokeberry since we moved here. (so far as I know) Several of them made landings on or near the red feeder in the garden. I decided to put some new suet cakes in the cages on the feeder today for the woodpeckers and others that might enjoy those.

I visited Lowes today and came home with 5 new landscape timbers that were slightly damaged and marked down to $1 each. I also picked up a few blueberry plants, more broccoli plants and some cauliflower seedlings as well as some composted manure. Tomorrow I'm picking up the fish fertilizer I ordered from Ace Hardware.

Hubby was suggesting I think about doing ebay again. Years ago I had a little ebay business, mainly selling my own artwork but also some items we got at auctions. Its a thought. In any event I am looking about and thinking it over. Meanwhile the garden is attracting my attention more and more. Today I have a heck of a headache though so other than a little garden shopping I didn't do much.

**negatives deleted~pm

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm sad about your new job not really working out too well. I am intregued about your artwork! I am thinking, if I can get enough energy up, about opening an ETSY shop...I love Etsy. All homemade stuff. gOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well... I decided to not write about that here.. so 'edited' the post. Meanwhile I'm thinking about what to do next.. we shall see. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Etsy-- I never saw that before--very cool! I was just looking at the cutest little felted wool animals all dressed up for Trick or treat. So darling! I've made little animals like that before--I did a bear family ornament when my brother & wife had first baby. Aww... that was such a fun little project... hmmm. maybe art is still an option.. we shall see. ;)

    ReplyDelete