Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Saying Goodbye to My Library Job

Well, I was happy to find out that I don't do drugs. ;) In other words I passed my last little hurdle--the drug test--and have been offered a job at a very nice Harris Teeter Grocery Store. (yes--my favorite)
I gave my 2 weeks notice at the library today and I am setting my face in a new direction.

I've enjoyed my current job immensely. I really will miss my current branch more than I can say. The folks there have been like family for someone who really hasn't got any friends or family anyplace nearby. How do you walk away from that?

Well--its not so easy--but it's time to do it. My current drive is 48 minutes each way. I'm good til about 2/3 of the way and then I start to have to jerk my head alert to remember where I am. Today I was on my way and wasn't quite sure I hadn't already passed my exit! A couple times I have passed the exit and had to go back. I guess I just don't have a good attention span for this kind of drive. I'm the sort of person who has to be 'engaged' in something--and mile after mile of green trees--well-- eventually they do start to look alike. :)

Anyhow I am sad to leave my job. I'm also a little excited about the new one--although I am wondering what it will be like to be a cashier again after having alot more responsibilities than that. I'm wondering if I will be content with only doing that. I do know Harris Teeter is a good company and if I were to decide I wanted to be other than a cashier--I would likely be able to expand my opportunities there. However--it may well be that part time cashier will be 'good nuf'.

We shall see..

Another thing--there are some little perks--including some special discounts for employees--and I do love a grocery bargain--especially in store that is so full of really good quality foods.

This will be fun. :)

2 comments:

  1. Mary,

    I know it has to be difficult to leave your special job at the library and all your dear friends there. Your new job sounds really good - the extra benefits you described really explained how employment is much more that just a $$ salary.

    Tramp #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...I sure didn't have to read back very far!!! LOL! Part time at HT...wow...sound slike a dream come true! Wish I could join you!!!

    ReplyDelete