Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Pretty Dog and a Pokeberry Bear is Born





Well here's my not quite finished first felted wool animal attempt. This guy is a Pokeberry Bear. He's a hillbilly, but hasn't got all the details figured out yet--still I think he's coming along well and kind of cute.

Mojo--wants all my blog readers to know that He is cute too--so I'm throwing in a picture of him doing 'Mojo Down'. You don't see this pose much around here!

I'm getting more used to my job, meeting more of the other folks--its not so bad that way. More comfy. I'm still forgetting a few things and the pace is still a bit faster than I like--but I'm keeping up. Just think I need to slow down a wee tad so I don't make mistakes. My biggest struggle is back and join pain lately--but I think that is a combination of the new job and the weather turning cooler. I'm noticing it quite a bit. It'll be fine.

I found out that there is a library on my way to work! Its not from the system I used to work at, but it is right smack in my path so I will have to stop and see what they've got.

I did put in application in at the old system but I know that there is really only one branch close enough to make it worthwhile for me--and chances are the jobs that are available won't even include that branch if I do get an interview. We'll see though, I gave it a shot and that's all I can do. If its meant to be, it will. If not--no biggy. I have a job already and the folks are nice and I'll get used to it, and its only a few days a week so I still have time to things at home.

Life is full of change. Mine has been had more change than I ever would have expected when I was younger. Who plans to move as much as I have? I'm in a good place now though and it will do.

We are looking at the two lots that border our property, they are for sale. I am going to call about them, see what they are going for, if its negotiable etc.. Maybe we'll find a way to buy them. It would make this property better and I have ideas how to use the land. We shall see also how that will go. dunno. :)

Well my little Pokeberry Bear is going to need a name and I think maybe a musical instrument or something, maybe a story? Then some detailing, stitching maybe... ??

I enjoyed working with the wool very much--its a fast moving, very forgiving material and I found it easy to sculpt what I was seeing in my heart and feeling in my fingers. Its been a long while since I did any kind of sculpting--I really missed it!

I enjoyed watching four bluebirds on the big Pokeberry bush this morning, eating berries. I definitely have Eastern Phoebes here, at least two--and they are very pretty! Its a gorgeous gorgeous South Carolina day-- blue sky, puffy white clouds, the tall pines and oaks all about us up here on Pokeberry Hill and a lovely 73 degrees! You cannot ask better in life than this.

2 comments:

  1. OH, gosh, Pokeberry Bear is so cute!!! I love the shape of the bear...a real country feller, with his overalls, and yes...a fiddle or a washtub instrument of some sort would look really neat! I am impressed in how you created this guy from nothing really...that is the part that is so great. You have a wonderful talent, Mary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very accustomed to working with nothing. ;) LOL.. Anyhow it was fun. I made a little wire armature and then stuffed it from pillow stuffing that Mojo provided. Then covered it with wool. The eyes are temporary--they're yellow bead sewing pins that I used a marker to darken. They look good I think--but the pins can get you if you grab him. ;)

    ReplyDelete