Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Flu I Suppose..

I guess we've had flu--which one? Dunno.
Hubby has a co-worker that had similar symptoms as us and was confirmed with H1N1--but we think its not 'that' bad--just your usual miserable.

I'm sure its worse in some folks.

I was to the doc yesterday, got a new doc down here and had an appointment to manage blood pressure, since I'm sick I got an antibiotic too--but so far I don't feel as if its making a difference.

I also got a trial RX for something to help me rest at night better, it did help me relax and fall asleep last night-but then I woke up again several times--although--I am sick so probably not a fair test. I need to 'de-stress' says doctor cuz I'm already at the highest dose for my blood pressure med and my pressure is still a bit elevated. She believes stress control is the issue. Makes sense.

I'm also trying a new med in order to cut costs. My former med was about $2 per pill, the new one is generic and I can get 3 months worth for less than $10. Hopefully it will work out OK. We shall see.

I have not planted anything in my garden this week, nor have I even made dinner since I got sick. The kids have been cooking and I've been resting alot. This morning however I did do some spiffing up and sweeping--guess I'm a little better--cuz I can't deal with 'filth' which is my usual position on that subject.

Well, I'm actually getting tired just typing here. So g'nite all from Pokeberry Hill--even if it is morning. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, Mary...just chekcing in here from Shreveport, LA and see you guys are sick. Hope you are feeling better by now...it is just after midnight now at the start of Sunday morn..

    I am getting some rest and nice fresh air, and love the changing leaf colors here and the sounds of crickets at night! Lovely country here!

    Hope your BP is doing better on your new medication. I have you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks julie! i have to go in and get it checked this week and again a couple times after that. The new doc is in a lovely little country town. i take all logging roads to get there--beautiful drive! I found a grocery there too so that is my new 'haunt'.found shortcuts and it ends up just about the same drive as other places but nicer. ;)

    ReplyDelete