Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving-- Delicious Baking Mishap...

Well I made my pumpkin pie yesterday using actual pie pumpkins--I used Paula Dean's recipe it has cream cheese and butter in it of course. It doesn't look quite like our usual pie--but it smells good. I'll let y'all know later how it tastes.

This morning I was up early and took some of my old over-ripe bananas out of the freezer to make banana bread--well maybe I should have had my coffee first... I forgot to put the flour in the batter!!


Well, technically my banana bread isn't bread--but it sure is yummy. I'm going to cut it up in little chunks and freeze it to use with ice cream for a treat. I think it will be DE-licious!

The giant turkey is in the oven with stuffing made with my garden sage. I have the neck bone simmering for turkey stock that I'll use later to make gravy. I'm guessing this turkey is going to cook for at least 5 hours, it barely fit in my big roaster pan!

I've got that green bean casserole stuff in the fridge--I didn't add the crispy onions yet--I'll do that just before it goes to bake. All my sides are prepped except the potatoes. Time for a break!

I didn't have any kitchen help this morning. Daughter had to work and the guys --being guys--slept in. No matter. It was a lovely early Pre-Dawn Thanksgiving, the woods were and still are covered in fog and I enjoyed sneaking out to the garden to cut some fresh sage in in the misty darkness.

I have so many things I want to give thanks for today when we are praying around our table! New additions to the family especially--like our little grand-daughter and our future son-in-love, our new home which is coming along, paint for the walls, Mojo's little friend George, and the joy of having so many of our kids here at our table today. God is indeed good! We are also waiting to hear--our son out in Washington state may have a new job--and a better one than the one he lost recently! Yeah!!


Happy Thanksgiving! May your turkey not be tofu today!

3 comments:

  1. OMG, Mary...you hope all your Thanksgiving feast turned out wonderful. Most of our food was brought in by the rest of the family! My hubby grilled some pork roast, and made homemade corn bread stuffing. All, in all...it was great! Of course, tomorrow will be a repeat so we can polish off all this food!
    xoxo- Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a thoroughly enjoyable day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'twas ok--but I am going to instruct the family that from now on-- critiques of the turkey are off limits unless its one of those years when it actually is good. ;-)

    ReplyDelete