Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

He Went to Jared...




Well last night we had a bit of a surprise. Our daughter arrived home with a ring on her finger! Not at all an expected event right now, but her young man is someone I've had the opportunity to get to know and I do think she's got a good match there. They are young, but so were we...

I don't think there seems to be a hurry to choose dates right now, they both want to attend school and are working and have some time to work on whatever plans they intend to have. "Daughter-Baby", my youngest, will turn 21 next month. She is old enough to know her mind, and I know her well enough to know that she will follow it.

That was one bit of news, and just when we were busy calling relatives with that little tiding, I got a phone call from the library system where I used to work. I have an interview today for a full time position! The only thing is--I don't know which branch the actual job will be at... that could pose a problem. Not many are close enough--but there are some I would certainly be willing to drive to.

That is the 'one job I would consider right now' that I mentioned in an earlier post after I quit my grocery store job. I just loved working in the library and it is the only place I can envision myself taking on a full time job right now. So... we shall see.

Its a bit inconvenient that the interview is today! I have let my hair go a bit, so I will need to run out this morning and get a bottle of something to cover the gray and then go use my $6.95 haircut coupon at Great Clips--its in my purse awaiting a special occassion.

If this turns out--it will be fine. God knows we could use the money, and frankly it is a little bit lonely being home all day, and it is work that I do enjoy.

Its alot less free time though--and that is something to consider. On the other hand, full time with benefits and some retirement help--is nothing to sneeze at in this economy is it?

Well... we shall see....

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Mary...how exciting! I think you will definately have the job if you want it! I hope it works out as far as location...but you know it is a great sign that THEY called you! They want you back for sure!!! I am keeping my fingers crossed!

    P.S. Congrats to your daughter on her engagement...they look so happy together!!! God bless them as they start their life together!

    ReplyDelete