Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Kitchen Gets Some Attention!

Well Hubby has a week off and was looking for a project that won't cost too too much $$. I made my case for some work on my kitchen--yah-- I do know its Thanksgiving week.. so yah.. I am kinda dumb. ;-)

Anyhoo we (he) is going to finally put the bead board up on the wall behind my stove and mount a fan/light over the stove and add a new long shelf above the counter.

I am getting paint to paint the new wall and the cupboards/shelves, woodwork--when I get it... etc.

I'm going with a pretty combo of Valspar paints from Lowes. I like the Valspar quality it is much better I think than their less pricey brand-- Olympia.

I'm going with "Moon Tide" green for my walls, "Sea Salt" a pale almost white, green for my cupboards and shelves, and "Sun Hat" a pretty yellowy gold for accents--maybe some cupboards? Trim on windows will likely be Sea Salt.

We've had some arguing about the kitchen design--I really wanted to try to replicate Julia Child's old kitchen somewhat--with the peg board--Hubby says it looks like a garage and that she had prettier pots and pans than mine.. oh fine. (point taken) I guess I won't have peg board--for now... maybe I can do like liberal politicians do and just assume that 'no' means keep trying. (snuck that one in there)

Well I do get my bead board and my color choices so I'm very pleased and excited!!

We're doing the wall behind the stove first. When that is done--I'm not sure-- cuz I really do need to be in the kitchen by Wednesday--so maybe the rest of the week will be a different project--we shall see. ;)

I'm still working on my jug band characters for Christmas--I really need to move faster with them. I have begun to construct instruments. I'm going with paper mache for those. I've got a bucket begun for a wash tub bass. I used a disposable plastic party cup to make a base to do mache over and--cut it to size and put a layer of masking tape over it to make the paper mache stick better. I'm going to finish that up soon and I hope to then make several more just like it. I am going to shoot for the moon and 'try' to get several 3 member jug bands done for Christmas--and some extra characters too--for smaller gifts. We shall see...

Well, Hi Ho, Hi Ho... its off to Lowes we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment