Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Monday, November 30, 2009

Puttin' on the Ritz.. Even So..




Had some fun today. I got up and did chores, mopped the good ole' painted OSB floor, and spiffed up the house. Then I settled in to make a flapper out of a chicken for one of my jug bands. She's in blue. I am not sure I'm satisfied with her dress--but she does crack me up looking at her. ~smile~

The Christmas lights and minimalist tree we put up are good for grins too. I was going to skip all that this year, but Hubby wanted it up. Well--OK--we did put up lights across the living room and dining room and I put my little red Charlie Brown tree up. No ornaments--with Mojo and George in the house--what would be the point??

Well, tomorrow I'm going to see if I can make a pig look good in zoot suit,and maybe start on some instruments like a wash tub bass--which I started already, maybe a musical saw and bow?? We shall see.

Don't mind the uglee blinds--they are our 'construction blinds'. As soon as the walls get painted and woodwork they are going to the dump--and I may just make a bonfire and toast them for fun instead. I hope that will be by New Years. Maybe they will make a good First Night bonfire ingredient?

It will be one year since we bought this house soon, on the 4th. I remember cuz that was my Dad's birthday. We have done alot since then, but still have alot left. Can't wait to see how far we get by next year.

Holly Jolly folks!

2 comments:

  1. If those blinds are plastic, please don't burn them! That would be very toxic for your lungs! Just put them in the trash!!! Don't make me worrry!!!

    Love your little cute tree and lights strung up...kinda looks like my little tree at end of my kitchen with nothing but a light string on it!!! Hey...I am getting more minimalist every year!!!

    I can hardly believe I have been following your blog for a year...let alone that you've had the house that long already!

    Amazing how the time really DOES fly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't worry--I'm not really going to burn them. ;) It is tempting though. I've cleaned them off but they are gross--no point getting new ones till we have actual woodwork on the windows. Soon...soon.. I hope.

    ReplyDelete