Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Mojo the Mighty Hunter in my Winter Garden



Its still pretty chilly here but this morning is a little less chilly at 21 degrees. I was watching Mojo chasing and stalking out on Pokeberry Hill. He chases birds and squirrels and imagined things, it looks like a joyous morning activity for a fine young dog. I went out to the garden with my camera to try to capture some of his exuberant hunting but my presence caused him to change his behavior. When I am there he must be very close, it is one of his rules. He has quite a few.

This morning I was pausing to take a few still life snapshots of a birdhouse that I set on a bench last fall and forgot to clean up and re-hang. Mojo was right behind the bench digging in the leaves. He found my favorite little birdbath dish in the leaves.

I didn't do a very good job cleaning up the garden this year. Between all the constant rainy days which gave way to freezing cold, I just didn't make the transition in an orderly fashion. Before this bitter cold I still had some things growing nicely out there--There are half a dozen large pots of broccoli for one thing--but the broccoli that we haven't eaten has finally succumbed to the cold. I think it was when temps were down to 10 degrees that it decided to be done. Its OK. We had a good crop and it was time.

I have new seeds growing for a spring garden now, and I know it will warm up and I'll be out working in the garden and cleaning up my mess from fall in a month or so, when it is not so cold.

My most recent library job interview was yesterday morning. I really don't know if I did well or not. The questions just seemed awfully long to me--I wanted to read them off the paper and parse the sentences to get at the gist of it all, maybe re-translate them into shorter versions.

Maybe I have lost patience with interviewing? It well could be, I've had an awful lot of them and 'coming close' all the time I suppose eventually you just feel like 'that's enough.' I don't want to have a poor attitude, but I'm a little weary.

When it was all finished I had the strangest feeling of just not knowing what to think and not being sure I cared--I think I felt sort of like Sarah Palin wanting to tell Katie Curic 'I like books, I read them.' I chuckled to myself when I had that thought. The ladies who interviewed me couldn't have been nicer, but I think maybe its me--I'm just worn out with it. It happens.
I will know one way or another if I've gotten this job, in a day or two, maybe three. At this time I am thinking I am not very likely to try again. This branch was 'the one' in my mind, closest to where I live and would be a simple fit for me--most of the other ones would come with complications I might not find so easy to adjust to, also I am truly tired out with interviewing. Maybe its hormonal. ~smile~

What do I do if I don't do that? Well-- maybe I'll just garden and write and do the Etsy thing perhaps. Maybe take some computer classes? We shall see.

I think I've done what I could, its out of my hands now and that's all anyone really can do in a thing like this, there comes a time-- the door opens or you just stop knocking. I do believe though that there are Greater Hands than mine on my life--and there is some plan for me. I did pray before the interview, "Lord, You know best, Your will be done."

Good Nuf--and I do read books. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment