Good Bye to Pokeberry Hill...

PLEASE GO TO MY NEW BLOG TO VISIT ME.
POKEBERRY PATCH IS NOW OPEN FOR CYBER NEIGHBOR'S TO STOP BY!

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Catholic School Girl Dolls, The Next Little Side Project..


My little sister is turning 50 next month and they are having a big bash for her. I won't be able to attend as its in Wisconsin and its less than a month before my baby's wedding here in South Carolina. I've decided to send a bit of myself. Myself & herself as little girls on the first day of school, sometime back in oh about... I guess 1967 or so, give or take a year. I'm the tall skinny one with the saddle shoes. Sis is the cutey with the bow.

I started the dollys this morning. they have flesh on the arms and legs but I covered it with a little paper towel to keep it clean while I work on other parts. That's a new things I figured out when working with wool felting. If you are making a complicated figure its best to keep the wool from grabbing onto finished parts. Then you don't have to pick out quite as much wrong colored wool strands from your finished project. A tedious process involving a good tweezer.

The gals here are going to have old fashioned ugly wool plaid school jumpers. Ah yes.. those were the days. I may just let my doll wear a colored blouse-- an old Nun back then gave me a really hard time when I did that once. They were to be white ONLY. I also had a penchant for knee socks, sis wore cute little bobby socks.

Anyhow I thought it would be a nice memory for her to see ourselves as little girls again now that we're both granny's.

I was worried I wouldn't get this project in there due to the load of stuff for the wedding. Daughter is coming to help with the florals though and the cooking has been taken totally out of my hands. Thus--I can actually do some other stuff too. :-)

Out in the garden, I planted out some Broccoli and Bok Choy this morning and cut more vines for the wedding arch, and watered my peas and pruned a little shrub. Life is good.

Have a great Pokeberry Day!

2 comments:

  1. These dolls will be so cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The big girl is near done--and she is turning out cute. The hair is going to be the challenge We always had those funny little 'pixie' hair cuts. That's what Mom called them. I think it was a way to keep 5 kids heads in line by cutting it all short. Made it easier to inspect and clean.

    ReplyDelete